How to Run WhatsApp on a 32-Bit PC
The biggest complaint that many people have about messaging applications is that they cannot get their messages via their PC. WhatsApp has effectively solved this dilemma with WhatsApp Web, which is designed to allow users of the app to receive messages via their desktops.
Interestingly enough, WhatsApp Web seems to work best on a 32-bit PC, and it does work well with most versions of Windows. The current version is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, and the ever reliable Windows XP. Unfortunately, anecdotal evidence indicates that it does not work very well on Macs because of Apple’s proprietary operating system.
Basically, that means you can do everything you do through WhatsApp Web on 32-bit PCs that run on Windows, which would include laptops and tablets, including receiving pictures, videos, and audio messages. You can use WhatsApp Web on a Mac, but at this point, you will not be able to receive or send audios,6 videos or pictures through it.
How to Install WhatsApp Web on a 32-Bit Personal Computer
The easiest and best way to install WhatsApp Web on your PC is to use the download available from WhatsApp itself. Installing this download can be a little tricky, but most people should be to do it.
Here is a quick and dirty guide to accessing and installing WhatsApp through your PC.
Make sure that you have either Google’s Chrome Browser or Mozilla Firefox installed on your PC because these seem to work better with WhatsApp Web. Note: If you have one of these browsers installed, it might be a good idea to upgrade to the latest version because that may run WhatsApp better.
1) Go to this website on your browser.
2) Use WhatsApp on your phone to scan the code. If you are using a tablet, you may have to request the desktop site. Here is how to scan the code:
3) Launch WhatsApp on your phone.
4) Go to the settings menu and chose WhatsApp Web.
5) A QR reader will open on your phone; point this at the barcode on the PC screen.
6) If it works, this should automatically log you into WhatsApp Web through your PC.
7) You should see WhatsApp on the screen. Desktop notifications are supported. You will have to choose the Desktop Alerts and sounds that you want.
8) You can start new conversations and filter existing chats on the PC just like you can on your phone.
9) You should be able to start messaging all of your contacts as soon as WhatsApp Web appears on your PC screen.
11) By using the options, you should be able to log into WhatsApp Web on any computer you repeat this process on.
12) If WhatsApp Web is working correctly, messages between the phone and the browser should be instantly synched.
The WhatsApp Tablet App
There is no such thing as an official WhatsApp tablet app because it is not authorized by WhatsApp Inc. Instead, this is the creation of other designers, but it does seem to work very well.
Before you try this app, you should try installing WhatsApp Web on your tablet. WhatsApp Web should work on your tablet because it is a cross-platform application. That means it is designed to work on a wide variety of devices, including tablets.
That being said, some users report that this app, which is available through Google Play, works better on tablets than the regular WhatsApp: Tablet Messenger for WhatsApp. Here is how to take advantage of it:
– Go to Google Play on your Android tablet or Chrome and search for Tablet Messenger for WhatsApp. Make sure you find the version created by developer GJC. On the app page, tap Accept.
– The app should access your location and photos/media/files and install on your tablet.
– Tap the app, and launch it.
– As with regular WhatsApp, you will have to scan the QR code on the tablet screen.
– If it works, you should be able to access your WhatsApp messages through the tablet.
– You should be able to use WhatsApp Messenger on your tablet just like you use it on your phone.
– If you want, you can turn notifications for WhatsApp on your tablet off, much like you turn them off through your phone. To do this, look for the WhatsApp logo and tap it. You can turn off all notifications or notifications from specific contacts that you may not want to talk to.
WhatsApp for PC Features
There are a lot of advantages to using WhatsApp on a 32-bit PC, including:
The service should be free provided you paid 99¢ to buy WhatsApp from Google Play or the App Store.
You will be able to send and receive SMS messages from all over the world on your PC without using up your phone’s data plans.
You will be to open audio messages and video clips that you receive through WhatsApp on your tablet or desktop. This makes it a lot easier to see the videos because the screen will be bigger. The video quality can also be a lot better. If you want, you will also be able to edit the video and audio messages you get on your tablet.
Not only will you be able to receive pictures and see them but you will also be able to edit them with solutions such as the ever popular Adobe Photoshop.
Another great advantage to accessing WhatsApp on your PC is that you will be able to print pictures and documents that you receive through WhatsApp Messenger. That makes it easy to create photos and share them with others.
As you can see, there are many reasons why you should consider adding WhatsApp to your PC. One note of warning here: If you are thinking of installing WhatsApp on your PC at work, make sure you get your boss’s permission first. Some workplaces have policies against adding messaging or texting programs to their computer systems.
If you cannot live without your messages, WhatsApp Web can make your life far more enjoyable.