The YU Yureka is an Android-based smartphone released by Micromax in early 2015. The phone features a large 5.5-inch display, 16 GB of storage (expandable via microSD), 2 GB RAM, and a 13 MP rear camera. It runs Android version 4.4, which can be upgraded to 5.1. Sold exclusively through Amazon India, it is an all-around great phone for the price.
Installing WhatsApp on a Yureka is a pretty simple process, but if you feel intimidated, you’ve come to the right place. We’re going to walk you through step-by-step:
- First, open up the Google Play Store on your phone. If it isn’t on your home screen, you can find it in the app drawer (the middle icon in the bottom row of the home screen).
- Tap the search bar at the top of the screen and type “WhatsApp.” Press the search icon on the keyboard.
- Select the correct app from the list of results. It should be first on the list, but if you aren’t sure, look for the app made by “WhatsApp Inc.”
- When you tap on the app’s icon, it will take you to an info screen with details about that app. On this screen is a big green button that says “Install.” Tap it.
- Depending on the version of Android your phone has, it may show you a list of permissions the app needs to work correctly. Look them over if you want, and then tap “Accept” when you’re ready to begin the installation.
- You’ll see a notification telling you the app is downloading and installing, and you’ll get another when it is finished. At this point you can find the app in your app drawer.
- As an alternative to searching for the app on Google Play, you can take a look at the “Top Charts” section. WhatsApp is very popular, so it tends to be towards the top of the list. This can also make it easier to know you’re downloading the correct app. The rest of the steps will be identical.
And that’s all there is to it!